We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Digital Platform Trainer to work remotely on the West Coast. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the User Services Manager, the Digital Platform Trainer will be responsible for designing and executing customer programs/workshops delivering high quality digital subscription customer user support and training that is quantifiable. These programs should be developed to enhance the customer experience and there is interaction to maintain and maximize the renewal of subscription products, with an emphasized focus on institutional customers. This position is tightly aligned with the other User Service team positions and works closely with Sales, Product, and Marketing Groups to understand content requirements to develop generic and customized training plans and also with Product, and Marketing teams is to maximize usage and to increase post-sales visibility that is in-line with customer expectation.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Conduct in-person, web-based, live-chat, phone and emailing training to promote product features and functionality to the user community. Identify customer specific training needs to drive quality of the user experience and overall usage. Provide easy options for customers to find answers as quickly as possible.
- Suggest, create, and support virtual and face-to-face customer events, such as Advisory Boards, Conferences, User Groups, etc. and maximize onsite customer programs with invitations, prospects, local partners/customers, signage, etc.
- Track and report on the success of the customer outreach provided to the renewal rate and upgrades or new product sales.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to identify at-risk accounts that have not optimized usage potential. For key accounts, align with account managers to mitigate risk and increase revenue and determine scalable revenue by working with the Marketing team for the entire account base. Consult with sales contacts to reach end-users and together determine optimal training programs. Engage customers to ensure key product features are enabled, well-advertised, leveraged and solve customer needs. Communicate professionally and comfortable with librarians, faculty and students.
- Collect and analyze data to prioritize relevant customer feedback to Product and Marketing teams that may further drive engagement and usage as well as usage patterns that would gain benefit from additional support. Leverage marketing outreach campaigns to engage customers on key product features and benefits. Develop and administer customer satisfaction surveys.
- Develop various ways to effectively communicate unique features and product functionality by creating and using videos, webinars, etc. to ensure proper staff and end-customer product usage.
- Support customer needs that may curriculum suggestions with basic knowledge of content regardless of the delivery platform.
- Work with Marketing, Product and Sales to monitor usage and identify key metrics for follow-up and customer support and together identify and minimize risk areas and maximize renewal opportunities with proactive targeted support for the first six months.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution; Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS or MLS) preferred.
- Experience in learning multiple digital platforms and the ability to teach others.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer facing (business-to-business) role.
- Experience in training and online presentations.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Advanced technical and computer skills (Microsoft Office, G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, forms, Sites) Windows, SharePoint, etc.
- To be poised, fast-learner, proactive, organized, extremely detailed-oriented, created and a self-starter.
- Customer focussed, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills to be able to approach problems logically with a solution oriented mind-set.
- Knowledge in Salesforce and/or Marketo a plus.
- Experience in creating video tutorials in Camtasia or similar platforms a plus.
- Experience in medical or technical marketplace a plus.
- Experience in hospital or higher education fields a plus.